Update as of June 11, 2021
The Scott Mission has cared for vulnerable people in Toronto for almost 80 years. The COVID-19 pandemic has changed how we have provided services and supports for our clients, but during these uncertain times, we know that our clients rely on us to provide the food, groceries, clothing and the shelter that they need.
We have continued to provide an elevated level of health and safety during the latest lockdown measures for our community including clients, volunteers, donors, and staff, while at the same time providing needed services to some of the most vulnerable citizens in Toronto. Starting Friday June 11th, we are able to expand our services as the public health protocols allow:
502 Spadina Avenue
- Meals: Fresh hot meals are being distributed to our clients at the laneway window on the south end of the building. Monday to Saturday from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Shelter: After some modifications to comply with public health requirements, our Men’s Shelter is open with all the proper precautions to provide the safest environment possible.
- Food Bank: Open Monday to Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m., closed Wednesday afternoons.
- Washroom/Shower/Laundry: Postponed until further notice.
- Clothing Distribution: Open for physically distanced appointments. Please call (416) 923-3916 for an appointment.
- Sunday Services and Group Meetings: All group gatherings are cancelled until further notice.
Personal Donations of Food and Clothing: We are now able to collect food, clothing and other gift-in-kind donations at our 502 Spadina Ave., and our 1550 O’Connor Drive locations. If possible, packing your donation in clear bags helps our distribution team.
Businesses: if you have items to share in bulk, please contact Arturo at email@example.com
1550 O’Connor Drive
- Food Bank: Open on Tuesdays from 9:00 am until 12:00 p.m.
- Childcare Centre: Our centre is open and we have spots available for your child. Please call (416) 923-4680 for more information.
- After School Programs: At this time our after-school programs are either being held online. For more information, please go to: www.scottmissioncamp.com/city-program/home
Collingwood Retreat Centre & Caledon Camp.
- Group Bookings: We have postponed all group bookings until further notice.
Please join us in praying for health and recovery for our clients and staff who have been impacted by this pandemic. We are committed to ensuring that The Scott Mission can continue to care for vulnerable people in Toronto.
Many of our supporters and donors have asked what they can do to support The Scott Mission’s clients during this time.We are now able to collect food, clothing and other gift-in-kind donations, but if you would like to provide a financial gift so that we can purchase needed supplies, please donate online at www.scottmission.com, by phone at (416) 923-2400, or by mail at The Scott Mission, 502 Spadina Avenue, Toronto, Ontario, M5S 2H1. We are grateful for your care. Please also keep us and our clients in your prayers. This has been an increasingly difficult time for those people who have insecure income or none at all.
To protect our essential front-line staff and clients we continue to restrict the number of people in our buildings. Because of this, we are still not able to open up our volunteer program. Non-essential staff are working remotely. It may take longer for staff to respond to enquiries, we apologize in advance. Our goal is to ensure the safest possible environment for our clients, volunteers, and staff.
We again want to thank the Lord for carrying us through each day. Let us remember to keep our eyes on Him and pray for each other and those in need. We pray that God would continue to pour out His mercy and love on us, our city, and our brothers and sisters throughout the world.
In His Service,