Friday March 13, 2020
The Scott Mission is deeply concerned about the wellbeing of our clients, volunteers, donors, community members, and staff. We appreciate your ongoing support during the COVID-19 pandemic as we take extra measures to ensure safety for our community. Our clients are amongst some of the most vulnerable in Toronto and we are committed to responsibly and safely continuing our services during this time.
As of today, the risk of local community transmission is low. However, we are taking extra steps to ensure proper care should the virus become more widespread. Currently, we are:
- Monitoring the situation daily, and updating our responses as needed, in consultation with Toronto Public Health, Toronto Shelter Network, and The Scott Mission’s Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Ensuring clients, staff, volunteers, visitors, and community members are practicing everyday prevention actions
- Increasing sanitization of surfaces in all public areas and ensuring availability of hand washing facilities, hand sanitizer, tissues, and gloves
- Ensuring that all staff members or volunteers stay home if they have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing
- Requesting that anyone who has recently returned from travel from a country that public health officials have deemed to be high risk, or have come into contact with someone who has tested positive, follow Public Health Ontario recommendations
We have modified our core programs to safely deliver services to our clients and community members. At the same time, we are still moving forward with all scheduled volunteer shifts at The Scott Mission. If you are a volunteer and concerned about your shift, please contact Alexandra at (416) 923-8872 ext. 242. If you are feeling unwell or have travelled in the last two weeks to a country deemed high risk, we ask that you let us know that you will be staying home.
The Scott Mission has cared for our community for over 78 years. While these are uncertain times, we are committed to continuing to meet the needs of our neighbours in Toronto. Please join us in praying for those around the world affected by COVID-19 and for protection for our community.
In His Service,