The Men's Ministry is committed to offering dignity and hope to all who come through the doors of The Scott Mission, serving them with the love and compassion of Christ.
We help thousands of men in our community every year who come from various backgrounds and are homeless and needy.
Through the grace of God, we are able to provide for their spiritual, emotional and physical needs.
The following are some of the services provided by our Men's Ministry team. For a more complete list, please click here for our Men's Ministry brochure.
- Sunday Worship service 10:30 a.m.
- Worship soaking or prayer walk: Monday from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. (seasonal availability)
- Men's Fellowship (Live music, art and Bible Study available): Tuesday from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Prayer & Worship: Thursdays at 8:30 a.m.
- Prayer: Offered by request. Call or visit the Men's Ministry to schedule a time.
- Hot meals: served six days a week (Monday to Saturday) at 10:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m.
- Daytime bag lunches: served at 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday and Sundays from 8:45-9:45 am (or until available lunches are distributed)
Drop-in and Group activities
- Men's Overnight Program: seven days a week from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Registration for a bed is at 7:00 p.m. daily. Those unable to stay at The Scott Mission will be referred to the Assessment and Referral Centre (ARC).
- Drop-in: Monday to Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Outings and Recreation
We offer many activities for our men outside of The Mission. This is a time for them to enjoy themselves and leave their regular routines and worries behind. Activities include seasonal retreats to our Collingwood Lodge and seasonal outings and day trips such as baseball games and visits to the museum.
- Men's Intake Office: Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. - Late opening on Tuesdays (10:30 a.m.) and Friday afternoon from 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m.
- Free good-quality clothing: Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Rehab referral by request. Please call or visit Men's Ministry for more information.
- Identification Clinic: assistance with clients' ID is available through Partners for Access and Identification (PAID) Project on Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Guest phone for local calls available
- Shower and laundry facilities: Monday to Friday, sign-up with staff beginning at 8:00 a.m. for 10:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. appointments
- Budgeting and financial assessments: by request
- Seasonal income tax clinic: by request
- Housing application and alternative housing: Please call or visit Men's Ministry for more information
- Men's Ministry phone number: 416-923-8872 ext. 232
Often the people in need of help, comfort and a kind and caring word are unable to come to The Scott Mission. In such cases, a staff member will go to them whether it be in their home, hospital room or prison.