The Men's Ministry is committed to offering dignity and hope to all who come through the doors of The Scott Mission, serving them with the love and compassion of Christ.
We help thousands of men in our community every year who come from various backgrounds and are homeless and needy.
Through the grace of God, we are able to provide for their spiritual, emotional and physical needs.
The following is a complete list of the services provided by our Men's Ministry team.
- Sunday Worship service 10:30 a.m.
- Men's Bible Study: Monday from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Men's Fellowship: Tuesday from 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Prayer & Worship: Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8:30 a.m.
- Prayer: Offered by request. Call or visit the Men's Ministry to schedule a time.
- Hot meals: served six days a week (Monday to Saturday) at 10:30 a.m. or 11:30 a.m.
- Daytime bag lunches: served at 4:00 p.m. Monday to Friday.
Drop-in and Group activities
- Men's Overnight Program: seven days a week from 7:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m. Registration for a bed is at 7:00 p.m. daily. Staff will search for other accommodations for the overflow.
- Drop-in: Monday to Sunday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m.
Outings and Recreation
We offer many activities for our men outside of The Mission. This is a time for them to enjoy themselves and leave their regular routines and worries behind. Activities include seasonal retreats to our Collingwood Lodge and seasonal outings and day trips such as baseball games and visits to the museum.
- Men's Intake Office: Monday to Friday 9:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m. (office closed temporarily Wednesday afternoons from 12:00 until 5:00pm)
- Free good-quality clothing: Monday to Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. (the clothing room is closed Wednesday afternoons).
- Rehab referral by request. Please call or visit Men's Ministry for more information.
- Identification Clinic: assistance with clients' ID is available through a paid project on Thursdays from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Guest phone for local calls available
- Shower facilities: Monday to Friday (call in for exact times of day and evening)
- Budgeting and financial assessments: by request
- Seasonal income tax clinic: by request
- Housing application and alternative housing: Please call or visit Men's Ministry for more information
- Men's Ministry phone number: 416-923-8872 ext. 232
Often the people in need of help, comfort and a kind and caring word are unable to come to The Scott Mission. In such cases, a staff member will go to them whether it be in their home, hospital room or prison.